21 Jan 2016

Oscar Predictions 2016


Can I just say - Leo DiCaprio - give the man an Oscar! I am not a "fan girl" but give the man his due, he is a phenomenal actor (I was SURE he would win for Wolf of Wall Street). I don't care what his performance is like in The Revenant (having not seen it yet) but for the love of God, give - him - an - Oscar!

My Oscar predictions, based on nothing but who and what I have liked or think will win, are:

Best Picture: The Martian - this was both heart warming and comically genius. There is a heavy field of contenders but does every Oscar-winning picture have to be gut-wretching or blood-thirsty?!
Best Actor: Leo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Carol
Best Supporing Actor: Easy! Sylvester Stallone, Creed
Best Supporing Actress: Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs
Animated Feature Film: Inside Out
Cinematography: The Revenant
Costume Design: Please let it be Cinderella -- I so want THAT dress
Directing: The Revenant
Make-up and Hairstyling: The Revenant
Music: Writing's on the Wall, Spectre
Production Design: The Martian
Visual Effects: The Martian

We'll find out on 28th February!

No comments: