7 Mar 2016

February Favourites 2016 - What I Have Been Loving This Month


Ok, ok, so technically it IS March but here are some of the - what I think - things that oozed fabulousness during the month of February.

Short month. Short list. 

So I love all things Kate Spade and I especially love my new Kate Spade bag. Suddenly my local TK Maxx has started selling Kate Spade. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! So when I went in for a quick look around, my eyes clapped on this immediately. I. Had. To. Have. It. And it has not disappointed. 


                                                     
     

Last month's favourites saw the introduction of my new aromatherapy humidifer and diffuser. I bought a tester pack of oils from Amazon, within which was Mystic Moments Blue Eucalyptus Oil. It was the perfect winter scent, so much so I ran out of it early February. So I bought a giiiiiiinormous bottle.  And I do mean ginormous. But I love the Vicks-esque scent (I'm weird that way). I fill my diffuser with it every night! 

Since I got my pooch, Georgie, five years ago, I have become obsessed with all things dog-related. One of my favourite dog-related purchases in February was these über cute Perky Pet Tumblers from ASDA. 


                                             

Shut up! How totally adorable are these???! And they are only £2.50 for FOUR!!!!! I also LOVE these dog-themed pjs also from ASDA. 


A snapshot of the PJ bottoms
                                              

I wasn't lying when I said if it features a dog, I have to own it!

Cold, dark, wintry nights are the perfect backdrop for some fabulous TV and I am in love with three different shows. The Icelandic thriller, Trapped. A fabulous who-dunnit set in a remote town in Iceland. Twists and turns a plenty. I am particularly bereft that there are only 2 episodes to go. What am I going to do? No, seriously, what am I going to do?!!
 
 

Season 2 of Happy Valley does not disappoint. Sarah Lancashire is a-maz-ing. What a fantastic, versatile and understated (and often, underrated, I fear) actor. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it and am gripped for every-single-moment. The nuances in the storylines are particularly perfect. The screenwriters are infallible at capturing the human spirit. That it is set in Yorkshire doesn't hurt, I must say. 
 
 

Also ridiculously (or should that be 'embarrassingly') late to the party but I am currently on a Chicago P.D. marathon. Season 1 down and Season 2 started. Looooooooove it. I am a HUGE fan of Chicago Fire and love this spin-off.  I can't wait for the third spin-off, Chicago Med, which starts soon. Since Chicago Hope waaaaaaaay back when, I have wanted to visit The Windy City and this was the main reason for tuning into Chicago Fire (and now P.D.) but the storylines don't disappoint. 
 
  

Spectre has also been a favourite this month and dare I say it, I think it's the best Daniel Craig Bond yet. Of course you have to see all the movies, and in order, to fully appreciate it. 


                                            

Lastly and, well, oddly, my last favourite is a hot water bottle. Any hot water bottle really as long as it's hot and placed against my back. Heaven. With Neurosurgery, Physio, spinal injections and other more complicated treatment options, the humble hot water bottle has been a God-send. Truly. If you haven't tried one since last winter or for years, dig it out and fill it up. It eases all kinds of aches and pains.
 
 
And that's it for February. A week into March (already??!! Where is this year going?! Yes, I did just say that.) and I have a sneaking suspicion some of the lovely jubbliness I have found will make it into next month's Favourites.
 
Would love to hear your favourites - including book recommendations, TV shows, beauty products and anything else that makes life just that little bit more fabulous!
 
 


No comments: